Friday, December 7, 2012

Art is never done until its done

As I stared at what I thought was a finalised artwork.  I picked up the black paint and began to outline his wings and body.  I felt as though he did not stand out before and now I was looking to use dark shading and brush strokes to ensure that he stood out.  That he really made a connection.  He really is done now.  When I look at him, I don't see any areas to perfect and it makes me smile every time I show someone his picture and they say, "Oh wow cool. What is that in his belly?" My perfect opening for environmental discussion.  It feels good to know that people will ask question why and what and then they will search for the answer.  So my art has 2 purposes.  It looks good and it has an environmental purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment