Monday, November 26, 2012

Art takes time


There is such a talent to being able to create what you envision in your mind onto a piece of canvas.  The creation of my albatross full of plastic began today.   It has taken me 2 hours to complete.  Where I had hoped the lines of my albatross feathers would be clean and detailed they are more furry, soft and rounded.  Clearly I missed the lesson that demonstrated which way to hold a paintbrush to create effect.  I have developed a new found respect for painting in general.  It seems that pencils are my favoured medium....but today I am creating a statement with my art.  Even if the piece only turns out semi-reasonable, the Statement will still be made. We are causing havoc on our environment and need to consider the way we eliminate and create waste.  In less than 3 minutes I have collected 40 pieces of plastic to be put together in the belly of my bird.  What strikes me is how varied the colours are in each of these pieces and how easily in water these items can be mistaken for a food source.

Today is the creation of one albatross wing. I had planned to complete the other but at this rate I think I may just run out of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment