Monday, November 12, 2012

Artistic talent is in the eye of the beholder

Looking around the lecture today, I get a real sense that most of my comrades have a love, a desire and a flair for art.  I like it.....but I have just lived out the larger portion of my life without taking it into consideration.  However now I find myself willing to spend an afternoon painting, drawing and trying to learn how to create shades and textures in things, so that I can produce artwork that I am proud of.  Today we looked at Max Ernst and created collages using a resource that has all the pieces available, from the background and the cut-outs of items that become glued where they need not normally be.  The essence of surrealism....things appear where you would not expect to find them.  Originally I was disappointed with my final piece, because it was my intention for the lines of colour within the tower and the moth to be more vibrant.  As with a lot of art, changing the medium can make a difference to its quality.  I find this picture creates a lasting impression a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment